Many have asked of ways to donate and we appreciate the generosity! If you have any questions, please ask. Here is a summary of the ways you can donate:
- PayPal at email@example.com
- EMT via Interac.ca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate via CanadaHelps: http://bit.ly/1TWkiog
- Set up a monthly donation via ChangeIt: http://bit.ly/1PgZ8Sk
- Donate your Aeroplan miles to help bring vets north: http://bit.ly/1bB82ZK
- Check out our Amazon.com wishlist: http://amzn.to/1Od0w8w
- Mail a cheque to Iqaluit Humane Society P.O. Box 11089 Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
We are a dedicated group of volunteers working every day to shelter homeless animals in our City of Iqaluit, as well as from communities throughout Nunavut. We create and support programs that address: animal health & wellbeing, the humane treatment of animals, animal overpopulation, re-homing of abandoned animals, and animal-related public safety issues.
We are located in the remote Canadian Arctic in the Territory of Nunavut. We experience winter conditions often in every month of the year, and snow is here to stay from September until June, with long dark winters. A 1-bedroom converted apartment serves as our shelter: 1342 Ulu Lane, Iqaluit, Nunavut
We are now officially a registered non-profit ( Iqaluit Humane Society 2007 / 814933131RR0001) and to date, we’ve saved over 3,500 animals. The IHS is the first animal shelter in the Territory of Nunavut, which is located in the remote Canadian Arctic on Baffin Island.
We get so many dogs every week it is impossible to re-home them all locally.
- Our shelter provides a place for animals without homes and a safe, nurturing place to surrender a pet
- Our funds raised go to the animals and we deliver what we promise to do with donations ... our spay/neuter clinics have had a measurable effect in seeing fewer unwanted puppies come through our doors, so much so that we are now able to take more pups and small dogs from other communities because we have some space for them
- Our community has become a safer place
- We are here to help! many people contact us for all kinds of reasons and we do our best every day to help them and the animals that need us
Where is your donation going?
We raise funds for spay/neuter clinics, caring for very young, sick or injured animals, maintaining our shelter space for boarding cats and dogs, vaccine clinics, intakes from other Nunavut communities, emergency medical treatments, education programs for youth, staff for running the shelter, and assisting low-income families.